Final Exercises for the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences will be on Saturday, May 21, 2022. The Lawn ceremony will start promptly at 10 a.m. For information on the Lawn ceremony, including parking, transportation and other logistics, see: https://majorevents.virginia.edu/finals/saturday-ceremonies. For additional information about Finals Weekend, please visit: www.virginia.edu/finals.
AAS Diploma Ceremony information:
Date: Saturday May 21, 2022
Time: 12:30 – 2:00pm,
Location: Minor Hall Auditorium (all weather location)
Reception to follow at 2:00 pm
Disability and Accommodations
Minor Hall’s accessible entrance is on the left side of the building. Once you’ve entered the building, wheelchair ramps are located on the right side of the auditorium, which will take you to dedicated accessible seating inside the hall.
- Each graduating student will receive up to 5 tickets for the department ceremony
- Kindly pick up your tickets from Ms. Debbie Best (firstname.lastname@example.org) in 108 Minor Hall by Thurs May 5 by 3pm.
Graduating students logistics:
- Kindly arrive in Minor Hall no later than 12:30pm on Saturday, May 21st
- Line up in alphabetical order in hallway on left when you enter Minor Hall
- We’ll take a group photo once all students have arrived
- Graduating students will proceed in order into the auditorium through left entrance, walk down the middle aisle, stand in front of assigned seat until all students are in position, then sit together for the start of the program
- During the diploma ceremony: when your name is called, stand, proceed to the podium to receive your diploma, pause for a photo, proceed up the center aisle then toward the middle of the auditorium, then back to your seat as your bio is read.
- After the department ceremony, we will have a reception outside the auditorium from 2:00 - 3:00pm, catered by Pearl Island
- If you haven’t yet done so, please inform Ms. Debbie Best and/or Prof. Hamilton of any dietary restrictions by May 13 by filling out the survey at https://forms.gle/4h6jo9Fadv3yg6Jv6
For any questions or concerns, please email Prof. Njelle Hamilton (nwh9f) or Ms. Debbie Best (dab8s).
We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments with you!