Second Annual Julian Bond Transcribe-a-Thon
10:00 am - 4:00 pm*
Join us to contribute to this historic project by transcribing a wide and varied sample of Bond’s papers!
- The Woodson Institute, 110 Minor Hall, UVA
- The Scholars’ Lab, Alderman Library, UVA
- The Virginia Center for the Book at the Jefferson School, 233 4th St. NW, Charlottesville, Va.
- Shenandoah Joe, 945 Preston Ave., Charlottesville, Va.
- McCue Center, Virginia Athletics, 290 Massie Rd, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
In addition to the transcribe-a-thon, UVA's Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library will hold an exhibit of original materials related to Julian Bond. The exhibit will be held on Thursday, Aug. 15 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 p.m. in the Byrd-Morris Room of the Special Collections Library.